1958 was a year of change. Elvis went from the King of Rock & Roll to Private Presley. President Eisenhower signed the Alaska Statehood Act paving the way for our 49th state and 14-year-old Bobby Fischer was on his way to becoming the greatest chess player of all time.
In Winter Park, Florida, a small group of people, with names like Considder, Hartsaw and Evans, were making some changes of their own. This devout and visionary group had been meeting in homes, halls and borrowed churches for nearly five years forming the spiritual nucleus of the First Evangelical United Brethren Church of Winter Park, Florida. After careful planning and research, the group purchased land in Winter Park, Florida, and broke ground on the construction of their church in 1959.
The dedication of the main building was held on February 28, 1960. More than 50 years later the hopes and dreams of those founding members are still alive and well and contained within St. Andrews United Methodist Church. The foundation that was laid more than five decades ago still stands strong today. As a spiritual center and haven for those in need, St. Andrews still serves the community now.
With locally based missions and outreach , St. Andrews impacts the lives of those closest to us, our neighbors. Making a difference in the lives of those around us and the community that we share St. Andrews remains a beacon of spirit and hope for many.